Top Level Menu
The indicates that there are currently 3 'known' contacts on the website. Clicking the icon reveals the following menu:
- Snooze Notifications: This temporarily disables the browser notifications
- My Account: This is a link to your FunnelFLARE account
- Preferences: This sets up your FunnelFLARE chrome extension
- Who is on my website now?: this gives you a quick view of the people on your website (requires the tracking script to be installed on the website)
- Tasks: This gives you access to the Tasks for the current user
- Messages: This gives you access to the FunnelFLARE SMS messenger interface
- Start a Power Dialer Session: This opens the power dialer interface
- Enable number links: For the webpage, you are currently on, it allows FunnelFLARE to parse the links for click to call
- Simple Dialer: This opens up the simple dialer for a quick call
- Browse Notifications Control: You can control the volume of browser notifications
- control which types of events that will generate notifications
- Show Notifications For
Any contact: This allows you to see notifications if other sales people's contacts are engaging on the website
A contact that I manage: Only your contacts will cause browse notifications
People I sent an email to: Only those contacts that you have an email conversation going
- Your default number for outbound calls
- User my caller ID: If you have authenticated a personal number on your profile, this sets the default behavior for calling (i.e. to use or not to use your caller ID
- This controls whether the chrome extension will encode numbers on the websites
- Remove contact from list after processing: In a power dialer session, if this is checked, the contact that you are leaving is considered 'processed'. If this is checked, when you click 'Next' during a power dialer session, the contact you are leaving is removed from the power dialer list. The contact is not deleted, it is just removed from your power dialer list.
- Auto-select outbound number: If you have several outbound phone numbers in your account for different states/provinces, with this checked, FunnelFLARE will try to match the outbound number area code with a number from the same state as the prospect's phone number
- Auto-dial contact: If this is checked, if you click 'Next' the first number on the next contact's screen will be dialed automatically.
- Order power dial list by: This allows you to set the default ordering of power dial lists
- Enables/Disables the Gmail integration. If disabled, the Gmail integration is not loaded.
- Enables/Disables the tasks panel within Gmail
This hides/shows the Tasks panel button within your CRM:
Note: The Tasks button can be moved up and down by dragging the button.
Power Dialer Lists
To start a power dialer session you will need to select a power dialer list.
- Empty power dialer-list: This list currently has no contacts that are visible to you.
- Power dialer-list with contacts: This list has 86 contacts that are visible to you.
- Prospect Insights
- Account Insights
For the CRMs that are supported, the FunnelFLARE chrome extension will inject a (i) badge on contacts/accounts
This badge exposes Prospect/Account insights. If you click this icon you get extra contextual information on the prospect/account. The badge turns green when the prospect is on your website.
- Initiate an outgoing call the prospect
- Send the prospect an SMS template
- Send the prospect an email template
- Add the prospect to a drip sequence
- Remove/view the current drip sequences the prospect is currently in
- the recent activities of the prospect (website, email, file, form etc)
- Call the company's main number
- Employee's of the company's engagement with the website
Email Template Access
Within your CRM, wherever the FunnelFLARE Chrome extension detects and email address, it will add a template icon in front of the email address.
- Access your FunnelFLARE email template
- Send an email without a template
If you click the email icon, your email templates will be exposed:
- The number you are calling
- The number you are using to dial from
- If you have your own verified number, this option allows you to 'mask' the caller ID
- Call: This button instantiates the call
- SMS: allows you to send an SMS
During a call:
- Call completion templates: This gives you access to your call completion templates. Choosing a template will end the call and execute the template
- Call end. Clicking this ends the call without executing a template