If you get the following error below authenticating a gmail or GSuite based email address, it's probably because you have two factor authentication enabled for your Google Account.
Create a Gmail Application-Specific Password in GMAIL
- Click your name or photo in your Gmail inbox's top right-hand corner and select "Manage your Google Account".
- Click the "Security" button on the left sidebar.
- Under the "Signing in to Google" section, select "App passwords". If prompted, enter your password.
- In the "Select app" drop-down, select "Other (custom name)". You can omit the "Select device" drop-down box.
- Give your app a name. Ex: FunnelFLARE. Then press the "Generate" button.
You should see the following screen after you generate your App password. Copy the password in the yellow block:
- In FunnelFLARE, hover your user name in the upper right hand corner and select "Profile Settings".
- Scroll down to the "Third Party Applications" section. If you have an email server configured, remove it by clicking the 'x'
- Select the "Add Application" button on the right-hand side.
- In the popup window fill in the fields as shown below.
- Select "EmailServer" From the dropdown
- Type in your email address
- Paste the App Password you got in step 5
- Use the example given in the "Receiving Host and Port" field: imap.gmail.com:993
- Click "Save"
Your Gmail or GSuite email should now be authenticated.